Friday, February 8, 2008

im at the public library

i was studying... and studying... and studying (yes even on a friday night), and then i decided to take a mental break from the whole thing and go mess around on the internet for a minute or two (or twenty... whatever). public libraries are interesting places with interesting people. the computer i am sitting at seems to have a delightful stench that just might be here forever. probably into the millenium. yah... it's gross. hopefully i don't leave this computer with a new smell as a souvenir. the people around me look like they have been sitting here for more than half their lives and they are glued to their computer screens. it looks as though some of my fellow computer users shower about once every two weeks. not even kidding. maybe they are trying to conserve water. that's nice of them. caring for the environment is important. the public library really is a great place to study when i want a change of scenery from the library on campus and it is a lot more entertaining when I want to be distracted from reading the assignemtns from the textbooks. i would definitely recommend it. but maybe i would recommend the public computer usage only to those that have stuffy noses. otherwise just haul your laptop to the library... its worth it. well i gotta run (or just walk calmly to all of my stuff)... my statistics book is probably calling my name and the timer reads that I have 54 minutes remaining for my computer session which means i have been on here for way more than 20 minutes. aaahhhh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh geez katie! that sucks that it had a stench...how weird? haha but i bet it is funner to study at the public library! when i get up there in april ew will definately have to study sometime but im not taking classes till the summer so maybe then?

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I just love hand sanitizer! It brings me a peace of mind after submitting myself to those 'public places'...elevator buttons, hand rails, door knobs, and the worst of all worst...grocery carts! Kelli