Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More fun

Last night my dad and I took a trip to the ER. We got there around 9:00 and we were home around 1:00. We went to the hospital because last night I had a head ache, my hands and arms were going numb, half of my face was going numb, it was hard to focus on things visually, and I was having a hard time talking. We weren't really sure what was going on and with the whole blood clot thing we decided to go to the hospital just in case it was something serious. They gave me an IV, drew four vials of blood, took a CT scan of my head and also of my chest, and then they said I could go home. The doctor came to the conclusion that everything was caused by the headache I had. They told me it was a complex migraine. Ok...so I went to the ER for a headache... nice! I'm really tough. I actually wanted to go experience the whole hospital scene here because I was curious about how it would measure up against the hospitals in Romania and Austria. Yeah right... I really hope that I'm done for a while. Another comical thing of the night... one of the nurses was surprised when she read on my records that I was 20. We asked her how old she thought I was and she said "13." Not even kidding...

4 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

So here's the deal...next time you get a really bad headache, please go to the hospital again. It seems like when we take things lightly or ignore them, then they do turn out to be serious. Take good care of yourself Katie.

By the way, I inherited EVERYTHING from my mom. All of the weird, quirky stuff, but all of the good stuff too. I guess that's just how it goes! kelli

darci said...

You were very smart to go to the hospital. I'm glad everything turned out to be normal. Thank heavens! At least you're home now and everything is probably much easier. Are you going to be able to finish your semester? Is BYU working with you?

So glad you're okay!

jeremy said...

I'm glad you are ok too! That made me pretty nervous. I get to see you in in 3 days!!!! I love you!

Katie said...

Darci: My professors are really nice and I will probably get partial credit for the work I have done in Romania. But even if I don't get any credit I will still graduate on time, so whatever happens is alright.

Jeremy: I love you too and I can't wait to see you!