Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a day...

Today has been filled with excitement. I have looked over 2 magazines, checked my email a couple times, and ate some food. As I was looking through the magazines I decided what my next passion will be. I told my mom,"I am going to be a cooker." She was really impressed with my terminology and knew I had a lot to work on. I was reading the REAL SIMPLE magazines and kept finding recipes that were easy and had minimal vegetables. I told my mom I wanted to cook for the family 3 times a week. For those of you that know me well this is a big step. I figure I should get on the cooking bandwagon sooner rather than later since the wedding date is sneaking up. Jeremy I hope you are excited for good food. After tearing out pages and pages of recipes I remembered my gummy bears in my bag. Yum! I love gummy bears. I am not sure what flavor is my favorite, but the little guys were quite entertaining.




I tried hard to get the orange bear to talk to my mom... He just wouldn't respond. I still have half a bag left. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
P. S. Medical Update: I have an infection in my blood. They are giving me antibotics three times a day through my IV...ouch. The pain in my leg is almost gone. I am still stuck in bed, the nurses won't let me walk around. The doctor said I would probably have to stay for one more week. Luckily I am entertained by simple things. Thanks for all your prayers.

3 comments:

Barb said...

You would never believe how many pictures we took of gummy bears today...

The Pili Aiga said...

Hi Katie :) So glad your mom is there. I've been gone this weekend and just got back today. I just knew you would be your happy self...you're awesome! keep up the good work getting well. As always, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers :)

Amy said...

You look so great and happy. That makes us happy!! Glad to hear you're doing better. I'd be much more worried if those gummy bears did in fact talk back...you know, like wondering what kind of drugs they had given you over there in Austria????