Sunday, December 7, 2008

brown bananas?

try this recipe I got from my cousin:
Banana Bars

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 med ripe bananas (1 cup)

Frosting:

  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 c butter, soft
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 c powdered sugar

Directions:

Cream sugar, butter and eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla. Combine and add dry ingredients. Mash then stir in bananas. Bake at 350 for 20- 25 minutes in a jelly roll pan. Mix frosting ingredients together and let cool completely before frosting. And then eat, eat, eat them until they are all gone... they are that good!

2 comments:

Jamie and Mike said...

Thanks Katie...you're the best!!

Leslie said...

Thanks from me too! I am making those today because I have TONS of brown bananas right now! YEA! YUM!