Saturday, January 23, 2010

date night

last night jeremy and i first headed to dinner at SLABpizza.


the pizza is just how their sign describes it: really big slices of really good pizza.
totally recommend it. they just opened and we are hoping the stay around. go support the little guys. i ordered a slab of bbq chicken and jeremy ordered a slab of cheese (it's his favorite... everytime).




we bought a cookie for a $1.08 (i had just enough pennies to save my sacred quarters for laundry... it was a good night) on the way out after we chatted with the owner Eric, best decision of the night! it was delicious, better than delicious. jeremy was willing to share with me, a little bit- 2 pieces... until he told me i should have gotten my own. hey, i bought it.





then we headed to "the dollar theater where tickets are not a dollar" (i'm not complaing, just observing... i love seeing a movie for $2 a ticket) and we saw 500 Days of Summer. mixed reviews i suppose. it was funny, depressing (from jeremy when i asked him to describe the movie in one word), and innappropriate for children. well, this show makes guys hate girls. it makes girls think about their past relationships that weren't meant to be. i liked it. though i probably won't buy it.


when we got out of the movie, it was a blizzard. not a dangerous one. a fun one. jeremy was so happy that we were finally being pounded with snow after failed predictions from weather.com time and time again (his obsession with the weather reports deserve their very own post). we playfully tossed some snow balls to each other- i totally nailed him in the face... oops. then we slowly warmed up in our car as we headed to our humble abode.


i love friday nights.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I love this post!!! It reminds me of Mark and my date nights!! :) ANd I made Mark go see 500 days of summer in the "dollar theatre" (really 3 dollar ticket) and he hated it. Told me I could never pick a movie again. I kinda enjoyed it though.. haha. :)

Tan said...

That pizza looks awesome. :( Too bad I'm not in Utah.

Kelsie Thueson said...

way fun!! i'm totally craving that pizza right now!!! mmmm....

Amy said...

Jeremy's obsession with the weather report...haha...that totally made me laugh. Because it's very true. Glad you guys had fun!!