Friday, January 8, 2010

i am a knitter



i love my cozy new scarf!

it is 5 feet long and it took me just over a week to make. i started knitting over the christmas break (my momma taught me), so YOU can totally make one, too. i already have more yarn for my next project, which will probably be another scarf (but a different pattern and a new color) because they are easy... and so warm! here's a weird thing about knitting. there are two main stitches: a knit and a purl. my scarf involved both of these stitches. so i am not only a knitter, but i am also a purler.

yet they call the skill "knitting"... interesting.


4 comments:

Barb said...

love the scarf, it is soooo cute!
xo

Kersey said...

that is adorable! You are always learning new crafty things that just so happen to also be stunningly cute! well done!

Cassondra said...

It looks so great! Good job! (I love the color too)

Kelsie Thueson said...

I love this scarf!!! I had intentions of making one! (you should see how it turned out...yuck!!) Anywho, what kind of fabric did you use? I LOVE the green!! I think I'll invest!