Thursday, April 8, 2010

chinese umbrellas


i made this skirt over the weekend.


do you like?


i used this tutorial, but altered it because
there was just too much fabric in the pattern for
my liking. i felt huge with the first version (like massive-
hiney-huge)
. so i chopped off and brought in the sides,
ditched the pockets, tapered the sides in from
the hip on up, shortened it and... voila! i loved it.
it was quick and easy. i totally see more of
these in my summer crafting agenda.
wanna
join me?! picking out the fabric is the funnest part, i
wonder what the next one will look like...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So cute! You should wear it Sunday. I want to see it in person!

Erica said...

Did I ever tell you how cool you are? I love that fabric!

Susan said...

katie, you are soooo cute.