Tuesday, August 10, 2010

National S'more Day

is today! hooray!

The Girl Scouts get to be the ones to claim the s'more recipe
because they were the first to record and publish it back in 1927 (at least
that's what Wikipedia said)
. I wonder what people did around the campfire before
then. It might have been fun, but definitely not as tasty. I also love that s'mores were
incorporated into this wedding. What a fun idea! Basically... s'mores rock. I think
people need to have s'mores more often! Especailly at home- not only around
the campfire. They are my favorite!!

We roasted mallows over our stove back in May.


Here are some variations you need to try:

(I had the peanut butter cups and they are AMAZING.
Next I want to try it with a Symphony bar.)


Instead of a plain chocolate bar, use:
Peanut butter cups
Chocolate with toffee and almonds (Symphony)
Mint chocolate (Andes)
Caramel-filled chocolate (Caramello)
Chocolate-hazelnut spread (Nutella)
Brownies or sheet cake
Caramel topping
Fudge

Instead of plain graham crackers, use:
Cinnamon graham crackers
Brownies
Big cookies
Fudge-striped cookies


Well... get roasting!

2 comments:

Barb said...

It is a good thing, we have a camping trip planned and we can eat lots of smores, all kinds of smores! xoxoxo

Jessica said...

What? I missed National S'more Day! Sad. Guess I'll just have to make up for it. ;) Scott's family is actually coming in next week and we promised his nieces and nephews some awesome s'mores, so thanks for the ideas with those variations!