Thursday, September 9, 2010

my boss made me cry



yesterday my boss made me cry.

true story.

he had a polaroid camera on his desk and my coworkers and i walked into his office. as soon as i saw it sitting there i started talking a mile a minute, telling him how cool it was, how much the polaroid film was going for on ebay, how jealous i was, how i want one, asking where did he get it, could i buy it from him, and what is he going to do with it, etc. i was asking so many questions i wasn't getting any answers. i finally stopped and just sat there on the other side of his desk waiting to see if he was as excited as i was about this camera. then kevin pushed the camera and all of the film towards me and said something to the effect of, "it's yours." (yeah for real!) i made the most ridiculous excited face- like jaw to the floor accompanied with BIG eyes while taking a huge breath in (can you see it? i can)- as the idea that the camera could be mine settled in... and i started to cry. the little happy tears came and my boss pushed a tissue box across the table as he, amber, and janna laughed at my excitement. turns out the camera has been in his desk for years, passed down from old boss to new boss. i guess they used to take pictures of the employees with it, but seeing that the film all expired in 2004 (but it still works for me) it had not been used for a while. needless to say... i am very excited about this.

here is my new beauty! with all of the film!
eeeeeekkkk! so fun!

and here i am super excited about itjanna and amber wanted to capture the moment...
i'm glad you can't see the tears.

what a funny day! i am the luckiest girl.


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome!!

Rebecca Burningham said...

Ok, I sinned.

I coveted your new polaroid camera.

Annie said...

I LOVE it! I can totally picture that happening. I wish I could've seen it myself. Congratulations. I think you and your new camera will be very happy together. :)