Tuesday, October 5, 2010

a complete 180

hey guys... i am back to ramble on about getting in shape. i can tell you are thrilled.

thanks for all of your comments though on the last workout post. you guys are great and so nice & helpful. i took your advice and i went and got my percent body fat tested yesterday... and i am happy to report that i am 27.7% FAT. lovely isn't it, but kind of not- i like to think that i am 72.3% FAT FREE, hah. 22-30% fat means "Moderately Lean- Fat level is generally acceptable for good health." so i am generally acceptable. great. well, now i have something of substance to shoot for, rather than a number that changes if you give up water for a day (i am talking about weight here). i want to be in the 18-22% fat zone meaning "Lean- Lower body fat levels than most people. This range is generally excellent for health and longevity." that's what i'm talking about! i have a loooooong way to go. i am going to get my fat percentage tested again in december and my goal is to be somewhere around 22-24%. i am not sure how realistic that is... we will see in december i suppose. i am going to focus on turning my fat into long, lean muscle with cardio, weightlifting, and yoga. and maybe there is some truth to eating veggies... i will have to ponder that one.

but i am telling you... EVERYONE should hide their scales and just pay attention to their measurements and how their clothes fit. my scale is still "missing" and it is so nice. those numbers can't control my mood or the way i feel about my body anymore. it's great -but dumb that i let it get to that point.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We don't own a scale. My parents have one, so every few weeks, we weigh in on theirs. It's great. Most of the time, I just go off what my clothes are telling me.

I kinda want to go get my body fat tested now, but it might still be a little bit depressing. I just moved out of the "overweight" category using the BMI chart.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Some days my scale is my best friend, and other days, I really, really HATE it.
I always like to keep a pair of pants around that are too small. I have never actually gotten my fat percentage tested, but I always figure if I can squeeze my butt into the too small pants, then things are looking good. And if I can actually BREATHE in the too small pants....even better!