Sunday, October 3, 2010

October Thoughts

Don't you just love Conference? I sure do. It is so uplifting to hear from so many of God's servants. What a blessing! I am already looking forward to the November Ensign.

October conference always reminds me of when I was diagnosed with my blood clot two years ago. I was diagnosed and immediately put on anti-coagulants the Wednesday right before conference and I was admitted into the hospital in Bucharest, Romania late Friday night when my conditioned worsened. I was able to download a couple of talks with the sketchy internet connection during General Conference and they offered some comfort during a time when I felt... well, terrified. "Come What May, and Love It" by Elder Wirthlin was one of the talks I downloaded and it was just what I spiritually needed to make it through those tough times.

I am so grateful for the living prophets. They are inspired men of God and they know Christ. They teach us the eternal truths we need to know. God is our Father. He cares for us and He loves us. Through prayer we can council with God and find peace and comfort through our hardest trials in life. We are never alone in our trials. Christ is always there waiting for us to turn to him. I know these things are true. God is good in every way.

P.S. Here is a video of where I lived in Romania that Robby just posted... It's kind of run down, but I miss it!

No comments: