Wednesday, January 12, 2011

from 22 to 90 in 3 days


today i have the agility of a 90 year old.

yes i do. my early morning workout classes have started again, and boy
my body feels it. seriously, i hurt all over- my glutes, hamies, quads,
triceps, abs, pecs, etc. i kind of hobble around. it's really great. and i
have power pump tomorrow... hopefully i can make it there.

but...

i really do love the classes! it is always fun to make friends
and then encourage each other to keep coming at the early hour. they
switched up the power pump teacher this semester, so that's
kind of fun. i am a fan of change. this teacher has a style of lifting that is less
"body builder-ish"and more "let's get toned." i like it because we
don't use oodles and oodlesof equipment; we use our
own body weight to build the muscles.

anyways... i am excited and sore (it's a good sore, though) - and totally
ravenous. when i work out, i am hungry all day it seems. it's nuts.

4 comments:

April said...

i miss being there with you - although, I don't miss getting up early!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I always like the idea of using your own body weight, because then no matter where you are, you have no excuse not to work out! Good job Katie! Don't you just love feeling strong?

Rebecca Burningham said...

I want to start coming to these! Do you know if they run during the spring/summer?

Katie said...

April- i miss seeing you too!


Rebecca- sign up for this semester!! and yes they have them in the summer too! (i just called and asked) i love them. they seriously kick my butt and get me excited about working out!

Kelli- i LOVE working out and seeing my body get stronger. it's really pretty cool!