Tuesday, January 31, 2012

slightly yellow

today i tried a slightly yellow, but mostly green banana.

my advice to you is... never try a slightly yellow, but mostly green banana.

the ends were turning yellow, but the rest of the banana was definitely green. i had a split second thought that maybe i didn't have to wait for the banana to turn yellow before it was good. why that thought seemed valid, i am just not sure. everyone waits for them to turn yellow, but for a second i thought that maybe we were all being tricked and it was ok to eat slightly yellow, but mostly green bananas. plus i really wanted to add one to my spinach and fruit smoothie. so i peeled it, tasted a bite, spit it out, and threw the rest away. thank heavens i tried it before i threw it into the blender and ruined my delicious smoothie.

now i have one less banana for future smoothies and a new hate for slightly yellow, but mostly green bananas.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

that's so funny. I only eat slightly yellow, but mostly green bananas. After they turn all yellow I don't eat them; I think they're disgusting. I wait for them to turn black and then put them in banana bread. Although if you were putting it in a smoothie, the other fruits probably would have balanced out the taste and been okay for yo.