Saturday, April 28, 2012

i just can't

this week i decided, enough was ENOUGH!

i just can't eat another sandwich. i am so SICK of them. i have had a sandwich almost everyday for the past 8 months. yeah... you would be sick of them, too. my packed lunches have looked the same almost everyday: sandwich, mandarin orange cup, granola bar, banana, and a baggie of crackers or almonds. the sandwich rotates between turkey and cheese and peanut butter and jelly depending on who takes on the sandwich making task the night before for our lunches. i make the turkey sandwiches and jeremy makes the pb and js. but i just can't eat them ANYMORE! and i am not really sure why. is it because of the bread we purchased? have i just become so adverse to the dumb crust that i can't stomach it any longer? i don't know, but it makes packing lunches a little more tricky when i have no interest in the main course.

so rather than packing sandwiches in my lunches these days, i pack popcorn.
oh yes. isn't that the sweetest trade off. i bought the huge box of single serving bags at costco knowing full well that jeremy doesn't really enjoy popcorn and probably won't eat a single bag. so now at lunch i just claim the nearest microwave at work or at school for 2 minutes and walk away unabashed with my delightful treat. i don't even share after i have infused the whole building with the glorious scent. ok, i usually offer, but no one has taken me up on it yet.

since the switch, lunch has been way more exciting. i am not too certain about the nutrition level of my lunches, but i am certain of one thing: popcorn is way better than sandwiches.

3 comments:

Charisse Baldwin said...

I can't stand sandwiches...in the middle of high school I finally put my foot down and told my dad (who was the lunch maker in our house) that I never eat them so he should stop wasting his time making me one. Best choice ever (once I finally convinced him that I really don't like them)!

Erica said...

I know how you feel! I started taking sweet potatoes to work and cooking them in the microwave.

Also, oddly enough, when I make sandwiches, I make turkey. When Spencer makes sandwiches, he makes pb&j.

Jill said...

Just don't let your dentist know you are eating popcorn!