Sunday, April 29, 2012

a photography project

about a month ago, i participated in a
photography project about mormon women in
massachusetts. i met with the photographer,
kate, downtown; she bought me some hot
chocolate, interviewed me, and took my picture.
she took it with this super old camera that i had
to hold still for a while and this was the chosen
shot. she compiled some of what i said during the
interview into a little narrative to put with my
photo and she did the same with other mormon
women for her senior thesis project. it was so
refreshing to meet with her and talk about my
beliefs. i came away feeling oddly re-energized
and more grateful for my knowledge of the
gospel. i enjoyed it. if you are interested in
reading my narrative and seeing the
pictures of the other women, you can
check it out
here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is so awesome! Love the pic too! I didn't know that about your parents. Makes me admire them even more. I can't imagine going through 6 miscarriages and a child death. They have amazing faith. I've always loved that fact that your whole family is so close. Maybe that's what draws me to your blog. Your close knit family and your fun, spunky personality. :)