Saturday, May 19, 2012

hair impaired


i am hair impaired.


what does this look like you ask?

oh i don't know... how about the same basic hairstyle everyday: hair down with the bangs pinned back.

i would post a whole bunch of pictures to prove my point, but in almost every picture on here i have my bangs pinned back, so consider the point proved! i just can't do my hair. i think i can blame this on being the only girl and being quite the tomboy when i was younger. i wouldn't let my mom put anything fun in my hair and we always kept it shorter because i barely let her brush through it. i was never one to spend time on my hair and i guess i am still like that. i can manage to curl it into cool waves occasionally and coerce it into a side braid for a few meager hours... but besides that i only know how to pin back my too-long-and-still-attempting-to-grow-out-bangs with a bobby pin. and boy is it getting OLD... but i don't like them in my face! sometimes i will add a little twist as i pin back the bangs to pretend that i am somewhat skilled in the hair department, but when a twist is my version of getting "fancy" then we know i need help. i can't even braid the poor hair out of my face. i attempted again and again with no luck the other day until my arms felt like they were going to unhinge from my shoulders and just drop to the floor. so i ended up just twisting them back... yet AGAIN. this french braiding thing sure feels impossible though. i understand how it is supposed to work, yet i cannot do it. but practice makes perfect right? i guess i will have to keep practicing and maybe some day i will nail it. that would be a miracle.


3 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

I never had a tomboy phase and I have two sisters who are good at hair and I still suck at doing stuff with my hair. I tried a sick bun today. Kinda fun.

But I think doing hair is a talent you've either got or you don't.

Charisse Baldwin said...

I could help you braid any time you would like. You could even practice on my hair (or Kylie's if you are up for a challenge :)

Jill said...

You should check out hdofblog.com. My cousin's wife is a hairstylist in New York and she always has fun and easy tutorials. If I can follow her instructions, anyone can!