Wednesday, July 25, 2012

6 down


riley has been out on his mission for exactly 6 months - woohoo!
only 18 to go, which is kind of depressing, but he is doing awesome.
we love getting his emails and letters... he is hilarious!




here's the end of a letter we got from the boy earlier this month:
(fyi- he is the king of hashtags and uses them in everything he writes.)

We were eating at an investigators house on saturday night. They said they would feed us isaan food. Score. We show up with two sisters from the branch. It's going great I'm thinking. The food is alright, no som tom but no bugs either. Then they bring out this meat that looks like straight up pooh. Seriously. It looked like pooh. It was raw meat. Sirens are going off in my mind. Salmonella, hospitals, death. I figure I'll just casually avoid it. Disaster. The dad of the house tells me to try it. #crap. So I get some on my plate and am adding rice to the spoonful when he says eat it without rice. Are you kidding? I can't get a break. I'm about to eat raw meat and I can't even eat it watered down with rice. It's like having to read a horrible novel for school and realizing they don't have sparknotes for it. #worstfeelingever. So what do i do? I eat it. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. It was doused in enough spices that I was more concerned with my burning tongue than anything else. Crazy right? Well next they bring out snails. #realtalk #wishiwaskidding They give you a toothpick and you stab it in and twirl the little guy out of his shell...then eat him. It was awful. The most bitter thing I've ever eaten. SO gross. Don't do it. Just say no. Life is great. Mission life rocks. Much Love!

sounds crazy! i think i would DIE! well, rye... we are so proud of you.
we miss you and love you lots of tons! keep working hard buddy!

1 comment:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

Riley ate slugs! He wouldn't eat salad here but he's eating slugs! I can't believe it.

And six moths already! I can't believe it.