Saturday, November 17, 2012

89 footer


We ventured somewhere a little more interesting for our date tonight.  We hit up the Faneuil Hall tree lighting!  It was great.  And I have some random thoughts from the evening rolling around in this noggin of mine.

First off, can you believe that tree is real?  It's an 89-foot Christmas tree!!  That's truly massive and with so many lights?  Very impressive.  That must have taken weeks to decorate.  And it's going to need a LOT of water.

The light show was set to Handel's Hallelujah Chorus.  I was so happy that it was a Christ centered piece in this world that often forgets what Christmas is about.  Verses of scripture being broadcasted downtown... what a pleasant surprise!

Am I the only one that is completely okay with starting the Christmas celebrations early this year?  I am usually such a stickler for waiting until after Thanksgiving.  You would think since Thanksgiving falls early this year I would be doing just fine, but it's a struggle.  I want to get started on all things Christmas... now!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Such a fun post... I love Christmas! I love the picture and I love you both. xoxoxo