Friday, February 22, 2013

Phew!

I just submitted my application for a few Social Work Fellowships at Boston Children's Hospital (and that is what I have been doing all week).  Wouldn't that be AMAZING?!  I would start in September and go through August 2014, which means I would get this whole summer off!  YAY!  I can focus on studying for the licensing exam and just play around.  Sounds dreamy!  I would get paid for the fellowship which is nice, but it is less than if I got a full time job, but a fellowship at BOSTON CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL!  Who are we kidding here?!  That would be amazing on my resume, plus can you believe the training opportunities that would be available there.  I really hope I get it.  They have three that I am interested in, but my top choice is Pediatric Oncology. I would get introduced to medical social work as well as grief and bereavement work.  I'm praying I get an interview.... but I also know that if it doesn't pan out for me, it would be just fine.  Something that is just right for me will come my way.  Now it is just the waiting game, which may take up to 8 weeks.  Bleh!  But I need the time because I need to go suit shopping in case I get an interview.  Who knew a suit was a prerequisite for an adult job??!  Not me.  Exciting stuff.  So it is all emailed off and now I can take a deep breath and... get started on my other homework.  hooray!  Someday, I will not have homework.  Someday, I will not have homework.  Someday, I will not have homework.

2 comments:

lizzie said...

Jcrew is my favorite for suits. they're pricey..but they last forever. if you get the right size of course. :)

good luck!!!

Natalie said...

That's awesome Katie! Best of luck :)