Sunday, March 24, 2013

early easter


while in utah this weekend i convinced my parents we should celebrate easter! i love pretending i am a little kid and doing our traditions together. my parents hide our baskets, tie yarn to them, and lead it all over the house. we have to follow the yarn until we find them, going under tables, up stairs, over banisters, through tight spaces, all around outside even.  it's not as fun when jeremy and i try to do it with each other.  my dad got tricky this year.  i saw that my string went in and then out of the laundry room so i just pulled on it to gather my string and continued on.  i was eventually led to a closet.  before i yanked open the door i said to jeremy, "i found mine, you are the last one!" (because sam was the first, but his yarn ball was a mess, so i say he cheated) only to discover that my easter loot was no where to be found.  the closet was void of easter cheer and full of only coats.  my parents just laughed and laughed.  i retraced my steps and found my prize in the laundry room, but not before both boys had already found theirs and i truly was last.  they really enjoyed that part.  after loving on our easter treasures (i got a crazy-cool scarf and new RUNNING SHOES!) we enjoyed a breakfast of champs: homemade buttermilk biscuits and strawberries and cream.  yum.  i sure love family traditions.




1 comment:

Barb said...

It was a great Easter. Dad is still laughing about you missing your basket! xooxo