Sunday, October 12, 2014

a sacred occasion


Today marks 18 years since I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and received the Holy Ghost as a constant companion.  I was only 8 years old and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  It started me on a path that leads to Christ.  A path filled with comfort, love, peace, strength, and happiness.  It's not a path void of trials and hardships, for that path exists for no one.  It's a path where Christ promises to be there for me when I am struggling, whether it be physically, mentally, emotionally, etc.  I in turn promise to represent Him.  I promise to stand for truth.  I promise to lift others' burdens.  I promise to live righteously.  I promise to always remember Him.

At 8, I didn't fully understand the depth of this sacred covenant.  I knew it was a step I needed to take.  I knew God was proud of me as well as all of the adults in my life.  I knew that I felt happy and filled with peace.  I knew it was exactly what I was supposed to be doing.  I am so grateful I added the faith and testimonies of my parents upon my own small testimony to take that important step.

I now have a much deeper testimony of God, Jesus Christ, their love for me, and the plan of salvation.  I know that when I keep God's commandments I am blessed.  I know that He is there for me even when I feel abandoned.  I know that He knows me, loves me, and is rooting for me.  I know that He sees the full picture and I can trust Him when I am confused.  I know that He wants me to be happy and successful.  I know that I feel His guidance most when I am praying and reading the scriptures daily.  I know that I have a lot to work on and through Christ, I can become the being I am designed to become.  I am so grateful that I have this knowledge and for the loving people in my life that have helped me along the way.


No comments: