Friday, October 10, 2014

Let's heal.


"This will be an amazing place of healing."

This is what our CEO said at the open house last night for our new site.  I love to think of my work as healing.  I want to help others heal from whatever is barring them from peace.  It can sometimes be past abuses, current distortions, future worries, or myriads of other things.  We face fears, check the facts, accept reality, challenge beliefs, learn ways to cope, and practice mindfulness.  I love that my work focuses on our relationships with food, our bodies, and exercise.  I feel there is work we can all do on these fronts. 

This work is incredibly rewarding (and challenging) and I can't imagine doing anything else.  I feel like I have my dream job... seriously.  How did I get so lucky?  I love working in a supportive agency with experienced clinicians.  I have learned so much within these walls and I am excited to see what other skills I can master. 

After a week at the new site, things are starting to come together.  The digs are quite fancy.  When we arrived earlier this week, there was so much to do to get it up and running, lots of paperwork to update, supplies to order, and so many things to organize.  After a week of team work, we are getting settled and gearing up for programs to start on Monday. 

Here we go!!

No comments: