Friday, August 28, 2015

From Green to White


For the past 4 days, I traded the Green Mountains of Vermont to play in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  It hasn't been all play.  I have been attended a conference and learning all about Mindfulness, Ethics, and Trauma Informed Practice.  It was great!  For Mindfulness, we pretty much meditated for two days and I came out of there loving the world and feeling so grateful for the people in my life.  Meditation is great stuff.

The Conference got out at 3:15 everyday so we could have plenty of time to play in the mountains.  I did some hiking, running, and kayaking.  It was a wonderful learning environment and it really felt rejuvenating.  I met some really lovely people.  I just love everyone in this Mental Health/Substance Abuse field.  I felt valued and encouraged in my work.  Everyone is so supportive and rooting for each other.  I love the work I do.

Monday Evening

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday Afternoon

Wednesday Afternoon

Thursday Morning