Saturday, August 8, 2015

Gluten Free Homemade Oreos



I was reminded about the existence of homemade Oreos on Friday and I thought, "I haven't had those in years... I bet I can make them gluten free."  So we did.  And they rocked.

After our dinner out on the town, I googled the recipe and we bought the 2 ingredients to make it happen - GF Devil's Food Cake Mix (I use Betty Crocker) and a tub of Cream Cheese Frosting.  We already had the other 2 ingredients at home.  As you can see, it's a quick and easy recipe.

1 box of GF cake mix
2 Eggs
1/3 cup of oil

Mix and bake for 8 minutes at 325 F. **Warning... these expanded like crazy.  I typically prefer little cookie sandwiches, if you do too, then roll the dough out to the size of nickels.  Seriously, nickels. Then you get more and more cookies!**  Also, they won't look done - pull them out anyway.  Let cool... or not (we didn't because I just couldn't wait) and use the blessed store-bought cream cheese frosting to finish off your Oreos.  Jeremy and I are loving them.  ENJOY!

No comments: