Friday, June 24, 2016

Our Week with Gwen



Our first week with Gwen has been pretty amazing.

She is a dreamy baby.  She is a great sleeper and such a great eater.  We put her down for the night around 10, and then she usually wakes to eat at 2:00 and 6:00 and then she goes back to bed until 9 or so.  She is gaining weight like a champ and already hit her birth weight.  Our pediatrician told us we were quite the over achievers.  I am feeling really lucky to have such a content baby.

We've had my parents here visiting - Gwen is their 1st grandchild - and it has been a fun party.  We just trade off holding our sweet Gwen while she sleeps the day away.  We all agree that she is just the coolest.  My dad had to go back to Utah, but my mom is still here until next week.  It's been so wonderful not worrying about meals.  I have pretty much just been resting and feeding Gwen - which is something I just love.  It's been great!

 I am finding that everything so far has been easier and better than I thought it would.  Maybe I just heard everybody's horror stories about labor, delivery, postpartum recovery, and breast feeding.  I loved my delivery, breastfeeding is going awesome, and it is so nice to be able to sleep on my back again.  Things really are going smoothly over here and the hardest thing for me will be to let my body rest and recover, when I really just want to hike all the mountains with Gwen.

I am so grateful for this little family of mine. I can't even believe how much I love her.  It's the strangest and coolest thing.  I am pretty obsessed with her and can't believe that we get to have endless adventures together.  The other night I just couldn't stop the tears.  I kept telling Jeremy, "I am just so happy.  I love her so much.  I love you so much."

No comments: