Friday, July 1, 2016

July Letters


Dear July,
I just love everything you stand for: fireworks, popsicles, lots of sun, late sunsets... I could go on and on. You are the epitome of summer, and summer means that fun things are happening.  I love the bbqs with friends and the late night ventures to the nearest ice cream shop.  I'm just really glad you're here.

Dear Motherhood,
You are waaaay better than I thought you would be.  I feel like when people talk about you, they typically lead off with talking about how hard and miserable it can be, and then they add "but its totally worth it."  I guess I would describe you differently - starting with how amazing and magical you are with a touch of messy.  The thing is that mothers are always learning, and learning is definitely messy business.

Dear Gwen,
I just can't believe how much I love you.  I get to be your momma and that we get to have endless adventures together, which makes me so happy.  I am soaking up this newborn version of you because I know... babies don't keep.  Thank you for being patient with a girl that is growing into this new role of mom. 

Dear Sleep,
You aren't as elusive as I thought you would be with a 2 week old.  My little Gwen is a champion sleeper and I am finding that I am feeling quite rested.  It has been a lovely surprise compared to what people had warned me about.  I am feeling rather blessed!  So glad we are still on good terms.

Dear Half Marathon,
You are kind of looming over me, even though you aren't happening until mid-September.  I think it's because I'm not supposed to exercise for some time and I am just anxious to get started on the training.  I will not be setting any records and will likely walk a bunch of the course.  I'm sure I will need some friendly reminders that my goal is to finish... simply finish the race.

Xoxo, Katie

No comments: