Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve








I've been feeling especially connected to Mary this Christmas after experiencing the wonder and magic of child birth just 6 months ago. It is because of Mary - her willingness, her unwavering faith, her courage - that Christ entered this world to offer each of us salvation, peace, and love. I can only imagine the quiet wisdom this woman has and the amazing life she led. She is one I will be eager to meet on the other side. Until then, I will do my best to live as she lived, with pure bravery and complete trust in God.

"Angels and archangels may have gathered there
Cherubim and seraphim thronged the air;
But His mother only, in her maiden bliss, 
Worshipped the beloved with a kiss. 

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart."

Text from the poem "In the Bleak Midwinter" by Christina Rossetti
 

No comments: