Monday, March 3, 2008

the new job

So I got a new job about two weeks ago and I really like it. It has been going really well. I sit at a desk and register people for independent study classes, register them for sports camps and other conferences, and then tell all the other people how to get to where they want to go. I work with some really cool people and everything has been going smoothly… until today. I accidentally pressed the panic button right under my computer. Yeah… the red one that you are never supposed to push unless there is a killer on the loose in the building. Well, I pushed it. But I wasn't quite sure if I pushed it, so I didn't do anything. Two minutes later the police called to see if everything was alright because the alarm was going off. Kiley, a cute girl I work with, answered the phone and told them it was an accident and they put her on hold. Then we saw this police officer peeking around the corner from right inside the door. The person on the phone was talking to him and then was switching over to Kiley, too. The person on the phone had Kiley wave her arms in the air so that the policeman would know that she was really the person on the phone. It was pretty entertaining, until the guy wanted to know who pushed the button and what their student id number was. He said that they weren't going to do anything and that I wasn't in trouble but they just needed to document what happend. So I guess it ended well and gave us something to laugh about at work and something semi-interesting for you to read, but hopefully this won't be a frequent occurance.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I love it Katie, that is hysterical!

Brett and Heather said...

HA HA!!! Thanks for the great laugh.

Vanessa said...

That's hilarious! I would have freaked out. Well, you know if anything does happen . . . you'll be safe!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

It's just always so hard to resist that red button that you're never supposed to push! I would have pushed it too, and I also would have said it was an accident. ha ha. kelli