Saturday, October 4, 2008

more leg stuff...

the pain in my leg was moving up my thigh and my leg was getting more swollen. the doctors took a look at it last night and then told me we had to get to the hospital. my roommates packed all of my stuff and then rhett and rachel from the group took a train here over night and they brought all of my stuff to me.. thank you guys... i miss you all in iasi....i am currently in the hospital in bucharest and we got here last night. they do not have the capacity to treat me at this hospital or any hospital in romania, but they can stabilize me... i will be heading to vienna, austria soon for treatment and to monitor my leg. we are not sure when i will be going yet though because they have to have certain medicines when they take me on the flight and they might not be able to get them until monday. my mom is going to vienna and will get there sunday at 2:00... hopefully i will be there by then. we should know in about an hour or so about what is going on. life sure is full of surprises...

11 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

KATIE!!! Please be careful, and PLEASE know that I am praying for you! You are a sweetheart, and I am so amazed at how brave you are! I'm glad your mom will be there soon. We all need our moms at times like this! I love you, and I'll keep on praying for you. kelli

Brett and Heather said...

You are in our prayers!!!

Jamie and Mike said...

Hang in there Katie! You're in our prayers.

darci said...

Katie you crack me up! Here you are with intense leg pain, but you manage to keep on blogging. You are one amazing young woman. After this adventure, you will be able to handle anything! We love you and are praying for you!

Kamy said...

We are thinking of you and hope and pray that you will be able to get treated quickly!

Don and Kelley said...

Katie, we just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you and you are always in our prayers. Good luck, and get better soon.

Mandy said...

We are praying for a speedy recovery fo you.

melissa said...

Hi you don't know me but I was in the group that went to Romania before you. I check your guys' blogs sometimes because it helps me not be so homesick for Iasi. I'm so sorry you have to leave! That's a real bummer, but you will be blessed for the service you were able to give in the short time you were there. Get well soon!

Cassondra said...

Our family is praying for you, too, Katie! Keep up that positive attitude!

The Pili Aiga said...

You're in our prayers Katie :) I'm sure your Mom is anxious to get to you. Heavenly Father will be with you always you cutie pie.
Beck

Unknown said...

i hope you get better girly!