Monday, December 29, 2008

News: Good & Not So Good

I just got back from the doctor. I had an appointment with my Hematologist. My mom came with me and we waited 1 hour in the waiting room and 30 minutes in the little room to talk to the doctor for 10 minutes. It was ok though, my mom and I just planned out the whole week. After waiting all this time I thought I deserved some good news. Too bad the doctor didn't agree. Turns out that I am positive for the Prothrombin/Factor II/G20210A Mutation on top of the Factor V Leiden Mutation which means I'm even more prone to blood clots. You can click here for some information on my newly discovered gene mutation. I don't feel like rambling on with medical stuff (even though that's what I'm doing). The ultrasound showed that there has been little improvement of the blood clot dissolving since the last ultrasound. The doctor said he thought there was little improvement because the clot was so big. I am to continue taking blood thinners for at least 6 more months while getting my blood drawn at least once a month to regulate my dosage. The swelling in my left leg might be a life long thing I have to deal with if the vein is damaged, but it is still too early to tell since the blood clot is still hanging out. So there you go...

Let's have some good news....please!

JEREMY COMES TONIGHT!
Yay! Please hurry! I need you sweetheart!

2 comments:

Amy @ LiveWell said...

I'm sorry for your not-so-good news Katie! NOT a good day. A girl backed into us in the parking lot on this very day. Right in the middle of the van sliding door (she wasn't looking). *SIGH* NOT a good day. But at least you've got Jer there!

Josie is excited to see you and show you her new Christmas toys and glasses! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG