Friday, September 4, 2009

A Productive Morning

This morning I headed to campus way before my class (so I could actually get a parking spot without having to circle the 3 lots south of campus over and over and over waiting for a kind soul to return to their car). I was successful and there was an open spot just for me. I trudged up the never-ending stairs (and mentally scratched "exercise" off of my to-do list), contemplating what I would do for the next 45 minutes. The computer lab seemed like the best option, so I trudged on (trying not to wheeze out loud, there are TONS of stairs). I passed by my Advisement Center on the way and I thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to "Apply for Graduation." (I received an e-mail about it the other day and I knew the deadline was in the near future.) I wasn't entirely sure what "Applying for Graduation" entailed- I was a little apprehensive, but I pressed on! The boy sitting on the other side of the counter asked for my ID card after I told him why I was there. I produced it after digging in my huge (adorable) bag for way too long... that's what I get for just tossing it in there instead of keeping it safe in my wallet. He verified my major and asked me to fill out a form with my name, as it would appear on my diploma, and my current address, where they would mail it to me after I get the fake one at the ceremony. With great precision, I very neatly wrote out the information and handed the completed form back to him. Not sure what I was waiting for, he declared that I was finished.

Really? Well, that was easy. Everyone should do this. haha!

So let it be known throughout all the land...

I shall graduate.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Woo Hoo! One step closer to graduation. xo mom