Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I bruise.

I acquired this bruise exactly one week ago. And yes, it still looks this gross. (I took this picture 25 minutes ago.) I ran into the foot board of the bed. Pretty hard actually, it hurt and was swollen for a couple of days. It has been mellowing out a little, but I can't believe it still looks so disgusting after a whole week.

Jeremy and I were talking about my nasty bruise this morning as we were walking to class. He said to me, "Do you think your blood thinners are preventing your blood from clotting?" I smiled and said, "Well, they're anticoagulants."

Definition of Anticoagulant from Wikipedia:
An anticoagulant is a substance that prevents coagulation; that is, it stops blood from clotting.

Jeremy quickly realized what he said and we laughed all the way to class.

I married a funny boy... and blood thinners do make you bruise more easily.

1 comment:

Barb said...

So Sorry about the bruise! But I love the story. Funny Jeremy.