Friday, January 29, 2010

some goals... finally

so its about time that i made some goals for the new year. i couldn't bring myself to do it earlier in the new year, because i hadn't thought about them enough. i didn't want to just throw goals out that i really had no intention of attempting.

here is what i plan to work on this year...


take more pictures.
i realized that i don't take enough pictures... of everyday life, of pretty things, of jeremy and me. it will also help me become a better photographer. you know what they say, "practice makes perfect," or at least better, right? i have a blog in the making that will be dedicated to the "picture a day" challenge to help me with this goal. it shall be revealed... hmmm, sometime soon.


workout.
this one almost didn't make the list, especially when i was contemplating my goals late december/early january. i just didn't want to do it. but then i think of summer and colorful swim suits and i get this drive to look very nice in one. haha. this goal was also prompted by a quote i encountered while reading for my class on sociology of sport: "Socrates met a physically undeveloped youth and promptly rebuked him, '. . . what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and the strength of which his body is capable!'" that bold sentence shall be my motivation. i wonder what my body is capable of...


serve others.
i want to help others. i want to do whatever i can to ease others' burdens and see smiles in return. i have decided to go for a more organized approach to help me be diligent in working towards this goal and i am hoping to volunteer the at center for women and children in crisis. i am just waiting for an email back from the guy in charge... maybe a phone call will have to made today instead.


make something once a week.
sometimes school gets me down. i get tired and feel like my brain can't handle anymore theories, exam study guides, and long papers. i have found that if i set time aside to create something (as simple as my heart window) then i am ready to conquer my homework. it is refreshing to create. once a week may be difficult, but hey... goals are designed for us to push ourselves... and i do love to make things.


wear headbands.
this is my fun goal. so it doesn't really matter, but why not? i don't wear headbands very often. i have some... that are kind of cute. but if i were to make some pretty headbands, therefore working on the goal above, then i could totally rock them. i just need to own it, as cousin lindsey would say.

now, my goals are official.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Go, Katie! I want to steal a couple of your goals. I want to make something once a week as well. I used to make things like crazy, but somewhere along the line, I got out of that habit. I also want to wear headbands. Good idea. But maybe I'm too much of an oldie for that one.

Swimsuit season also has me motivated to look good this summer for the first time in about 16 years.

Good job on your goals.