Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Love Month...

is coming! February is so called the "Love Month" because not only is it Valentine's Day, but it is our wedding anniversary! So I decided some decorating was in order. I took down the snowflakes Jeremy and I created back in December and put up...

HEARTS!




Do you love it?? Me too.

Oh, you want your windows to be full of LOVE? Here's how you can do it.

I got the idea from here, but simplified the whole thing. It originally called for sewing, gluing, etc, but I was too impatient to do all the steps.

You need the following:
magazines
card-stock (optional)
scissors
thread/string/yarn
tape

And I know you have all of these in your house.



Get your stack of old magazines and rip out all of the colorful pages. I stuck with red, pink, and purple, but really anything looks perfect. Cut out hearts of different sizes from card-stock for tracing. Trace and then cut the hearts out of the colorful magazine pages while listening to your favorite tunes. I had about 60 hearts total. Figure out how many strings of hearts you will need across your window, for me it was 8. Tape the threads across the top of the windowsill and cut to desired length. Lay out your hearts in a pleasing arrangement, or just put them up randomly. Tape the hearts one by one onto the strings. Keep taping until the hearts are all up. Then admire your festive handiwork!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Love the hearts... they are so cute!

Kersey said...

oohh, I would LOVE to have a spectrum of colors, orange, red, blue, green...hmmm...my problem is, no magazines. Except the Ensign. And that's no good for this.

Katie said...

just use newspaper or grocery store ads. the print would look way cool, too!