Saturday, February 6, 2010

ice ice baby

i may or may not be addicted to ice water.
i like to think that it is debatable because what really constitutes an addiction anyway?

i love to fill my glass full with ice cubes and then add enough water so they are barely floating. after i drink the water and chew all the ice, i am always freezing. so i turn up the heat a couple degrees (or more), and i try to warm up. at this point, i usually beg for j to come and cuddle with me, too.

today after a big glass of ice water, which in reality is mostly just ice, i was trying to locate the warmest part of the apartment (where i could feel the most heat from the vents)...

and i found it:

if i sit on the inches of free counter space in front of the microwave and prop myself up with my legs against the refrigerator, the heat from the vent above hits me right in the face... and it is delightful. i can also look out the window and see what is happening in the world (or at least in our apartment complex parking lot).

p.s. only 6 cupcakes left [sad face]

5 comments:

Kersey said...

I am SOOO sorry. It's not even funny anymore, its just rude of me! I also have your Christmas present to give you. Man I am REALLY behind!

Leslie said...

Ok, I am really not going to comment after this, I feel lame after my rant on your taboo post above, BUT, I do just have to tell you one thing. Did you know that craving ICE is a HUGE sign of being anemic? I know because this has happened to me on several occasions in my life... you should probably have your hemoglobin and hematocrit checked next time you get your blood drawn... just lettin ya know because after being on coumadin so long you could definitely be anemic... Love, Sis. Doxey

Katie said...

sis. doxey... you are too funny! please comment on my blog... as much as your little heart desires! i love comments.

oh and on being anemic, i think i am anemic. at least that is what they told me in austria and when i got blood work done when i came back to the states. but i don't really know what to do about it, besides taking iron pills (which i must confess, i was taking the iron pills until i ran out- about one year ago- and haven't purchased more). is there anything else i should be doing??

Leslie said...

Well, get back on your iron pills, and eat LOTS of spinach... seriously... it's the best source- that and red meat... and get your blood checked just to make sure it's not too low. If it's too low your body has to work too hard (not enough oxygen carrying red blood cells). You will be surprised how much more energy you will have once you aren't anemic anymore! :)

Katie said...

haha.. ok i will. my mom was sure getting after me yesterday to do a better job of taking care of myself. she even threatened to call jeremy and put him in charge. but i told her i would go buy iron pills today. oh, and i can't eat spinach because it has too much vitamin k and will mess up my anti-coagulants, but i will get on those iron pills TODAY! i am kind of excited to see how i feel after not being so anemic. thank you sis doxey!