Friday, February 12, 2010

introducing...

a trumpet sounding "duuun duuun dun dun "

my photo-a-day blog:


and the crowd goes wild!

disclaimer:
this announcement is slightly premature because the big debut will technically be tomorrow, because there aren't any posts yet... but they will be coming fast and furious starting tomorrow. my apologies for the pseudo debut, but i am just too excited to wait any longer.

since i didn't start this cool blog on the 1st day of 2010 like the rest of the world (i just wasn't with-it enough), i figured it was better to start it on a meaningful day, hence starting it on our one year anniversary, rather than on a random day. so as of tomorrow, i will be posting a picture i took that day, everyday. it should be fun.

here's a quote i'm currently loving...

[prosaic = the everyday, ordinary, unglamorous, and commonplace]

"Cloaked in their very ordinariness, the prosaic
events that truly shape our lives - that
truly are our lives - escape our notice."

-Gary Saul Morson (found here)

I want to notice, as well as capture, the most ordinary and seemingly insignificant moments. I want more pictures... of everyday life, of the beautiful things, of boring things, of unglamorous things, and of my hot husband of course. and it will help me keep my new goals for the year.

enjoy the weekend! i know i will.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I am so excited for the debut!

will and lori said...

This is a great idea Katie, I love how you think.