Saturday, May 22, 2010

today is a good day!


look what i made today (while jeremy was busy studying):



it was inspired by this post on my friend's blog.
i almost bought one of the totes, until i figured that i could probably
make it myself... and you know i love craft projects.

here's how YOU can do it:



print out whatever you want to put on the bag (i got mine at michael's), t-shirt, etc.
tape it to the window. tape freezer paper over the original with the waxy
side against the window and trace away to create your stencil.




then cut it out with an exacto knife- make sure you save the centers of the letters.
this part takes the longest. i would suggest going with something simpler if
you aren't completely set on doing words. when you are finally done, iron it onto
your bag. (iron on the centers of the letters, too.)




then the fun part: paint (by dabbing, not brushing) all over your
design and then peel the stencil off of the bag. i used tweezers to get the centers
of the letters off. oh and you don't have to wait for the paint to dry, which is
nice for us over-eager crafters.

and then BAM!!



in less than 2 hours you have a sweet bag that
is sure to brighten someone's day.


at least i hope it will...

3 comments:

Kersey said...

that's awesome! I think I might have to make my own! thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

I love it! Also, I love your new header.

Annie said...

It sure brightened mine when you showed it to me at church! :)