Monday, June 21, 2010

ambushed


this morning i was ambushed... at work... with a vegetable.


a snap pea to be more specific.

i went down to the front desk (where i worked as a student) to get my mail, and they -all FOUR of them: amber, annie, brittany, and trent- said i couldn't have it until i tried some snap peas that brittany brought for a snack. funny funny. they have heard of my dislike, no... disdain, for all things vegetable and my mission to learn to like them, and they just want to help me out.

but i just tried carrots on thursday, can i get at least a week to recover??

guess not.

so i stared at the green thing for a while... they were all chowing down on them, so they couldn't really be that bad could they? (or so i hoped.) well, eventually, i took a bite... after they promised i could wash it down with a brownie -good thing, too. i took my bite, chewed, and swallowed- i didn't gag this time, so there's some improvement-

and...

snap peas are gross. way gross.

they taste like grass. i really don't get it. i am sure they are not meant to be ingested voluntarily by humans, unless starvation is on the brink. i'd rather eat something that doesn't taste like i am out in the wilderness trying to survive with nothing, but they all just kept eating them. weird. and then trent had the nerve to offer me some celery.

no thanks.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ha ha, tastes like grass! You really do hate veggies don't you? I was going to tell you have delish snap peas are, but it looks like I'm too late.