Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Meet Gus

he is my new buddy

my parents spoil me (and... i LOVE it! haha). they got me the new ipod nano for my birthday when i casually suggested an armband for my ipod or even a shuffle (in any color) to use for running.

well... this ipod nano
ROCKS. MY. SOCKS.
and yes... i named him Gus. it was rather boring for the ipod to come up as "katie's ipod" in itunes... so i just gave it a name and Gus it is.

it is sooooo cool. it clips on my clothes, plays the radio, and matches songs to create genius mixes- this is way more advanced than my other ipod- (the original ipod nano- in white because they didn't have the cool colors yet). yeah... it was old and Gus with his high-tech touch screen and cool gadgets was such a fun surprise.

and it is perfect timing, too. i am running my first official 5k in 2.5 weeks! now i will be able to listen to some sweet tunes as i run, rather than my mind constantly wondering when i will be DONE. wanna run it with me? you know you want to!! don't worry... i run 10 minute miles, so don't be intimidated. the 5k is for my cousin's sweet wife Bunny and they are raising money for Draper City Parks and Trails. the goal is to raise funds to either complete a new section of hard surface trail or create a new rest area or pavilion along one of the main trails to be named in honor of Bunny Bradley. you get a t-shirt when you donate at least $25 when you register (which acts as your registration fee).

so get your running shoes on and sign up HERE!

now if i could only get jeremy to run it with me...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ha ha, you and my little sister are the only people I know who routinely use the expression, "rocks my socks." I'll have to tell her she's in good company. :D

Emily Frame said...

those nanos look so rad!
in reply to the ? about the city flats -- i wear mine ALL the time and they are definitely wearing, but they are a pretty supple leather so i sort of expected it.

JMay said...

The new nano is so tiny, adorable :-)