Tuesday, January 18, 2011

my mom rocks...

but we knew that already. :)

my mom has taught many things over the years. well, she pretty much taught me everything i know (from tying my shoe to driving a stick shift). she's the greatest... and i really mean it.

there is one thing though, that i consider a unique, but very valuable lesson she has taught me.

lately, when jeremy and i get burgers and fries for dinner (which is all the time... because we love it!!), i can't ever finish my burger. i get about half way done and i just can't eat anymore. i think the reason why is because i am finally internalizing this important lesson my momma taught me growing up (and mostly by example):

always eat the fries first.

she would always eat the fries first. i remember one time i asked her if she should eat her burger first and she proclaimed how essential it is to eat the fries first, "they are better hot and fresh, katie. hot and fresh!" made sense to me... and i am following suit. i usually take one bite of my burger and then zero in on those delicious fries. it's a necessity... otherwise they get cold or even warm and that still isn't good enough. who wants cold fries? NOBODY! and who wants hot fries? EVERYBODY! you just have to eat those fries when they are hot and fresh... and dipped in spicy fry sauce. beautiful. the cheeseburger is good too, but the fries definitely steal the show. yep, that's the only way to go... my mom taught me so.







notice the fry in hand...
and the sandwich untouched.


i'm a good learner.
picture from september

5 comments:

Rebecca Burningham said...

Are you recovered? How is that ankle?

Take it easy!

Erica said...

Haha! That's hilarious!

Katie said...

hey rebecca! thanks again! i am kind of recovering... usually i bounce back from spraining my ankle. but this one still hurts. i iced it for a while this morning and then i put on my lovely compression sock since i didn't have a wrap and i have been trying to keep it elevated at work. so hopefully it gets better!

Unknown said...

haha! that's so great! what a smart mom you have :)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I remember that every time I would talk to your mom for whatever reason...I totally wanted to take notes. I wanted to remember every little piece of advice she gave, even if she wasn't trying to give advice. I figured that if anyone can be so positive and so kind (especially with a house full of teenagers!), then I could certainly learn something from them!