Wednesday, January 19, 2011

roll out


this morning in my workout class i gracefully rolled my right ankle.


we were doing fancy things requiring fancy footwork on the -previously cool, now dangerous- bosu and i lost my footing, rolled the ankle to the outside, and completely fell to the ground. i continued into dead cockroach position and did some punches (ya know, to keep my heart rate up), until i realized i was really hurt.

the instructor saw me on the ground and yelled into her microphone, "are you ok?" and ran over to me. well, hello to the 30+ people in the workout class... yes, i just rolled my ankle and fell. i guess i am not coordinated this morning. then she ran out of the room saying, "you have to fill out a paper." she came back with a girl and a piece of paper- an injury report. i hopped out to the bench in the hall, the instructor went back to teaching, and the girl says to me, "i don't know what's going on," well... there's not that much going on- i rolled my ankle. the girl handed me the paper and a pen, and drifted back from whence she came. in the meantime, my buddy rebecca came out to see if she could help and she went to find ice while i documented my injury.

good thing rebecca was there. we go back... way back. all the way to the second grade (when she moved in across the street from me and we became fast friends). she's also an EMT, so she took good care of me. she ran, literally, all the way down the long hall and got me a bag of ice while i sat in the hall filling out the injury report. sorry i ruined your workout, rebecca... but thank you for helping me. i would have been a sad, lonely, and injured girl without you. now i am just injured.

2 comments:

Rebecca Burningham said...

How is your recovering going?! I hope you are taking it easy.

I totally got my work out in (and you saved me from boot camp).

I had like 4 people ask me after if you were ok. :)

See you on Saturday?

Katie said...

recovery is going well. i am now able to walk without the noticeable limp.

i'm pretty sure i will be up and going for saturday! see you then!