Thursday, February 17, 2011

happy birthday daddy!


you are the big five-ohh! how does it feel? the same as 49? probably.


here are 50 fun memories to go with your big day:
  1. camping at daniel's summit for our daddy-daughter date
  2. buying mom lladro in san francisco for her birthday - she loved it
  3. saturday morning movies at your office
  4. making pinewood derby cars (remember my bus?)
  5. playing catch in the front yard
  6. our "heart to heart" chats whenever i was in trouble
  7. buying the silver scooter and the pink helmet
  8. taking me to lake powell
  9. playing t-ball when you were our coach
  10. finding out you were the one that blessed me with my blood mutations
  11. being sprayed with water from niagara falls
  12. when you accidentally bought bratwursts that were marinated in beer
  13. teaching me how to mow the lawn
  14. weekends at the ranch riding the horses
  15. letting me sit in the front seat of the red jeep
  16. making me drive through a car wash my first day behind the wheel
  17. golfing with me, sam, and rye in wyoming
  18. cross country skiing in park city as little tikes
  19. telling me i could be anything and that i would be good at it
  20. you're awesome ideas for engagement picture poses
  21. coming to all of my soccer games even though i was never the star player
  22. asking jeremy to "come outside and talk" when things were getting serious
  23. armor all-ing the car topper for the beach trip
  24. letting me make boondoggle key chains for every pocket knife you have ever owned
  25. the way you pour any drink into a glass
  26. tickle parties with me, sam, and rye
  27. letting me pick everything we did for my graduation weekend
  28. hiking angel's landing at zions
  29. playing mexican train with grandma verland
  30. when you told us your dimples were bullet wounds from a robber
  31. rootbeer floats every sunday night in the front yard
  32. rowing that boat when little riley was so scared and wouldn't let us help you
  33. asking "are you ok?" instead of "was it your fault?" when i totaled the car (haha)
  34. riding bikes in sun valley, idaho
  35. helping sammy when he broke his collar bone riding his bike
  36. playing buckin' bronco with us until we were all dizzy
  37. feeding the burros in the black hills
  38. going to buzz games every summer in slc
  39. eating hot dogs in central park in new york city
  40. learning so many things about the scriptures from your fhe lessons
  41. checking out harley shops every where we go
  42. snorkeling at hanauma bay in hawaii
  43. surprising us kids at the airport with a trip to disneyland (that was sooo crazy)
  44. when my 3 year old self slapped you & broke your glasses because you turned off the tv
  45. when we pulled the handcart around martin's cove and saw that huge scary snake
  46. taking us trick-or-treating while mom handed out candy
  47. asking you for things after mom said no
  48. always making us wear helmets sledding, biking, snowboarding, etc.
  49. not getting too mad that night when i got home 2 hours past curfew
  50. when you bought me flowers for valentine's day
i love you dad and all of the fun things we have done together! i am excited for all of the adventures to come. have a fun birthday!

2 comments:

Dad said...

I love you Katie. Thank you for all the fun memories. I'm very blessed to have you for a daughter. You've always been so loving. I'll keep working to deserve all that love. Here's to more memories and this time we have Jeremy with us too.

April said...

so cute!