Sunday, November 20, 2011

the very worst

yesterday i experienced the very worst thing in the world.

it was terrible.

i hopped in the shower washed my hair, put conditioner in my hair, and i was about to shave my legs, but... the water was getting colder. i kept turning it warmer - the warmest it would go -and it got colder and colder. so i decided to just deal with the hairy legs for another day and finished rinsing my hair in the cold cold water. by the end of the shower i was so frustrated (and freezing) i was sobbing... uncontrollably and muttering how i HATE cold showers.

jeremy came in to see what was wrong and i just cried and cried, saying, "i'm so cold! i'm just so cold!" i retreated back to the bed, still crying, and curled up underneath the comforter to try to bring back some warmth to my poor soul. jeremy came in to check on me and asked if i was feeling better. i told him "kind of" and that cold showers are the very worst things in the world! holding back a laugh he said he wasn't so sure. but i made certain he understood... they are the VERY worst things in the world.

needless to say, he made sure i got the first shower this morning and it was nice and HOT!

i think the whole thing reminded him of this incident.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love the story.... and I remembered the incident... Poor Jeremy...
xoxoxoo

Kayde said...

We are the same person. Cold showers are my worst nightmare and they make me want to cry... and some times I do. It should never have to happen to anybody.