Friday, June 1, 2012

tanked


if you don't want to read my ramblings for the day then here is the quick snippet:


sometimes my self-esteem is tanking... and then i workout and resolve to eat less crap and to take better care of myself. and then i am ok again.



my day as been all over the place

it got off to a bad start when i weighed myself. i have been dreading weighing myself, but today i did it anyway and boy it was not good. the month of may was full of TREATS out the wazoo and getting out of my 6 am exercise routine. so i have been eating desserts more often and working out most of the time, but not with the same intensity. although i have enjoyed the laziness of it all, my self-esteem has been tanking! eating crappy and not exercising may feel like i am rewarding myself but it really is the opposite. it is not worth it to feel like this about myself. so as of today... i decided to make some changes.

my new goals for my preferred way of living:
do my workouts in the morning. exercise 5-6 days a week. only one day a week for sweets. take my vitamins. don't eat after 8 at night. read my scriptures every morning and night.

i got started today with a good run in the sunshine. then i did some abs and stretched for 15 minutes. i looooove stretching. while i was in the shower i got a text that said, "Come play tennis!" so i hurried and blow dried my hair and headed out for another workout with the girls. i also read for school at the pool which was delightful and relaxing. i have stayed away from the sweets today and been more conscious of what i am putting into my mouth and asking if i am really hungry when i automatically reach for food.

all i can say that i am feeling loads better about myself than i was this morning. i hope i can stay motivated to keep my new goals. i told jeremy he had to help me! anybody else in the same boat? we should start an email support group! who's in?


1 comment:

Megan said...

Katie,
I feel your pain! I run 5-6 days a week, but I get it in my head that since I run so much, I deserve dessert every day. Believe me, I definitely DO NOT deserve it! I like your idea of sweets once a week. I'm starting tomorrow! Wish me luck.

PS It would sure help if I didn't love to bake so much.