Tuesday, November 27, 2012

an innie?


i had surgery yesterday to fix my belly button.

i wouldn't recommend getting a belly button hernia. it's difficult to recover from because doing ANYTHING pretty much involves my core muscles.  the doctor said he left me with a nice innie, but i have yet to see anything since my belly is all bandaged up for at least another day.  i will keep you posted, though.  i did take a before picture, but i don't think it will make an appearance on the blog.  it's mostly just for my own reference, for which i am sure you are grateful. :)

my favorite thing about the surgery was when i woke up with silky lips.  they were chapped before the surgery and i asked jeremy for chapstick, but he didn't pull through for me (it's ok, sweetheart).  when i woke up after my surgery my lips felt great.  i asked the nurse if they put chapstick on for me and she said they slapped on some vaseline when they noticed they were chapped.  what nice souls!  they also gave me loads of icy ginger ale and graham crackers.  yum!

well, now i am home... and boy i wish these drugs worked better.  hopefully things will start looking up, my momma leaves tomorrow and i am supposed to get going back to real life.  ugh.

No comments: