Sunday, November 25, 2012

ticket for sale


i got pulled over for the first time today.

so sad.

we were cruising around showing the fam the sites and i wasn't really sure where we were going.  i realized i missed a right turn to do a legal U-ie (which doesn't even make sense), so i just turned left on the street i wanted to go down anyways despite the "no left turn" sign.  the street was empty, so i thought i was in the clear, until a police man steps out of his car a little ways down the road and motions me over to the side of the road.  it was a TRAP!  he wasn't at all nice or cheery and didn't even let me explain my confusion over the weird streets.  why would i turn right to do some sort of u-turn instead of just turning left down the road i want to go down?  hmm, officer??  whose idea was this?  well, he didn't want to hear anything.  he took my stuff and came back with a ticket.  first one of my life (if we don't count the one when i totaled the car about 6 years ago).  it's only $35 (and costs $25 if i want to dispute it in court), but still... it's not like i go around breaking laws willy-nilly.  or maybe i do, and now i have learned my lesson. 

No comments: