Thursday, November 29, 2012

progress

yesterday i ventured outside for a little field trip to the grocery store.  as we walked out the door i said to my mom in all seriousness, "don't i make sweats look glamorous?"  where do i come up with this stuff?  i think i just really like my KC hat and puffy vest.  good times.

today i got myself out of bed (hooray) and i even showered. i just may survive, although those legs won't be getting shaved for quite some time.  who knew a little surgery would take such a toll?  i think i'm just impatient (and unrealistic).  the doctor said recovery would take 4-5 days and i of course thought in my head, oh, it will be 3 for me and i can get back to school.  who am i kidding?  i was originally hoping to get back to my internship today, but decided i would be pretty useless.  i can barely walk... old men with canes pass me up these days.  so i am home just resting/knitting/worrying about finals coming up/resting/knitting.  we will see if i make it to classes tomorrow.

oh and we took the bandages off my belly last night and .... yikes, double yikes.  my belly button is terrifying.  hopefully it will start to resemble something more normal in the next little while, because right now?  ewwwh. i almost posted a picture, but i will spare you the details.   

well, my momma flew home yesterday and i was sad to see her go.  moms are just the best.  my mom is just the best.  thanks for taking care of me.  she stocked our cupboards up with all things delicious... and i mean STOCKED.  i think it will last us through finals.  thank you mom!  also a big thank you to my dear friends who have been bringing dinners, candy, chocolate, cookies, sending nice texts, and doing big favors.  you guys rock! seriously.

now let's hope my body pulls itself together quick.  i got things to do!

1 comment:

April said...

oh - I hope you get feeling better and walking faster soon! enjoy the down time (as I'm sure you are:)).