Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Your Body Rocks: Day 2


This week is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week.

 I thought I would join in on the good old blog to promote some self-love around here.  Each day this week I will issue a challenge (ideas from the the NEDA website), something you can do to promote a healthy body image, because I am sure we could all learn to love our bodies a little more.

Challenge #2:
Cover your mirrors with paper and write positive things on them.

Don't pick apart your body today and show it some love instead.  Instead of looking at the mirror to check youappearance, write positive affirmations about your self anytime you walk by.  Positive affirmations are statements like: I am beautiful.  I am smart.  I am strong.  My body rocks.  I am a good person. You could also write things you like about yourself (your strengths, inner qualities, and talents). This one might seem like a big project, but it can be done on many levels.  You could cover the entire thing with butcher paper or just add some sticky notes to your mirror and put a pen next to it.  If you want to get others involved, print out a flyer from the NEDA website to put by the mirrors at work, cover those suckers up with paper, and leave some markers.  You don't need a mirror to tell you are beautiful

No comments: