Thursday, February 28, 2013

Your Body Rocks: Day 4


This week is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week.

 I thought I would join in on the good old blog to promote some self-love around here.  Each day this week I will issue a challenge (ideas from the the NEDA website), something you can do to promote a healthy body image, because I am sure we could all learn to love our bodies a little more.

Challenge #4:
Avoid stuff that makes you feel crappy.

 Sometimes great things can be not so great.  Are there blogs, magazines, television channels/shows, or social networking sites you use that make you hate/dislike/fight your body?  I am sure there is something out there, because media is bombarding us at all angles.  The things that I sometimes find triggering are the workouts pinned on Pinterest with pictures of barely-clothed girls with perfectly chiseled muscles and completely flat stomachs.  If I just follow the easy(or crazy hard) workout along with the fad diet highlighted I can look just like her, right?  I suddenly go from feeling great about my body that can do so many things to feeling like my body is suddenly lesser than, inadequate, not good enough.  So take notice and today choose to avoid stuff that you know erodes your self-esteem, body image, and sense of positive self.

No comments: