Saturday, May 11, 2013

the day i have been waiting for


GRADUATION DAY!
we were very excited!


we started out the big day by going to my favorite breakfast place: tumble inn diner.  i always get the english muffin breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese, and sausage plus a side of homefries.  it's so delicious.  after our bellies were full we headed to the seaport in boston for my graduation ceremony.  


it was fun to see all of my friends from school again as we transition from students to professionals!  i pumped my fist as i walked across the stage!  i just couldn't contain my excitement.  :)

here are some of my biggest supporters:

my friends that kept me sane through the process (wish i could have gotten pictures with all of them):
i love all of these beautiful ladies!

my in-laws that are always supportive and interested in what i am up to:


my family that taught me to dream big from the start:
mom and dad - you made me believe in myself and taught me that i could do anything i put my mind to.  turns out, you were right!  i love you!

my hot husband that helped me through it all:



you are the BEST jeremy!  thanks for encouraging me every step of the way.  WE DID IT!

after the looong formal stuff we had some bbq for a late late lunch and then we made our way to the RED SOX GAME!   it was the perfect night for a game.  the weather was dreamy, we had great company, and the red sox WON.


it was a fun fun day! 


from my acceptance letter in march of 2011

to my graduation diploma in may of 2013.

what an adventure this has been!? i feel so blessed that i had the opportunity to get my master's degree.  it's something i dreamed of and planned for from when i was in high school.  i knew there was a long road ahead of me to become a social worker, but i actually accomplished what i dreamed of doing.  i am so happy and also grateful for the encouragement and support from jeremy, my family, jeremy's family, our friends, and my teachers and mentors. it has been a wonderful journey!  i have learned so much and i feel like i can really change the world... one person, group, or family at a time.  here i go!!

p.s.  and i don't have anymore homework!!  woot woot!

1 comment:

KinseyBug said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome!